Monday, January 23, 2012
Music class
I realized over the holidays that by the time Mary Rose was 21 months, she had been in play class for several sessions and she had also been in a music class. I have noticed that Nicholas really likes music, he loves to play his little guitar and on the piano in the basement and I am amazed at how well he can sing. Now I had already signed him up for gymnastics on Thursday nights and I didn't feel like having to rush to classes more than once a week, so I decided I would do a music class myself for him on Monday nights when I'm usually not too tired. So the first week of January I carried the toy drums and guitars and my guitar up to our bedroom and tried to sneak Nicholas upstairs. Well, it quickly turned into a music class for both Nicholas and Mary Rose. The first session consisted of me playing Frosty the Snowman about five times and then Nicholas climbing up and down on the bed, but I continued on and this week went really well. We only played Frosty the Snowman three times and the kids loved the lollipop drums, the scarves, and the parachute I brought from school.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment