Monday, October 11, 2010

Halloween at Greenfield Village

Saturday night we went to the Halloween event at Greenfield Village, It was a blast! By chance I was able to get extra tickets from work so Peg's parents came with us, along with Peg and her kids and my mom. I started packing at 7:30AM to make sure I had everything and it was still a bit of a mad dash out the door. Ten minutes before I had planned to leave the elastic tore off of Mary Rose's clown hat so I dug out a needle and some embroidery floss from my scrapbooking supplies and sewed it back on. I had everyone in the car by 4:45PM and we arrived at 5:30PM, even driving in the right lane trying to get Nicholas to get a catnap in. We parked at the first parking spot after the handicap spots we were so early, and I loaded the double stroller and headed for the bathrooms. By the time we got out of there, Nicholas was screaming so I put Mary Rose in the front seat of the stroller and sat on the bench feeding Nicholas the bottle I had just pumped on the drive in while Mary Rose had ham sticks and finger pasta and an apple in the stroller. My mom arrived, then Peg and her fam and we got some great sunset pictures while we waited for the mass crush of people to subside before we headed in.


Raymond was Bob the Builder, Laurel was a blue monkey (a costume Peg and Seth made for her last year) Mary Rose was a clown, and Nicholas was a cow. It was a beautiful night, warm and cloudless, and we headed in and to the first treat spot where they handed out apples. Mary Rose was not deterred, she ate about half of that one as well! Raymond chowed his apple down too! It was really nice to be there when it was light out, much less scary. There were still a few spots, like the shaking crate. Laurel said, "I'm going to run away!" and Peg said, "Go ahead" and Laurel said, "No mama, I want you to run away with me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment